Saturday, October 29, 2011

What a good Saturday

Today was a guest lecture by two of SJSU's graduates, Andrew Harkins and Januel Mercado. They are an animator and storyboard artist from Dreamworks Animation down in Glendale, CA.

I have to say it was quite awesome.

The Shrunkenheadman Club had a costume contest before the lecture, and there were some pretty creative ones that were really good.


And on with the lecture!

So during the lecture, Januel and Andrew talked about their work on Kung Fu Panda 2 and also gave some really good advice. 

They both said how important story was to anything, whether it be a drawing, storyboard, or animation, there has to be story. 

not tome mention, PUSH IT!!!


Oh and they both signed my sketchbook! See it?



:D

My day ened with some baking (more on that later) and dinner at the Wu Zoo. Now I guess it's time to work on my brick drop animation....




No comments:

Post a Comment