Saturday, December 29, 2012

Washington DC

A few days ago I had the fortunate opportunity to go to Washington DC with the Spartan Marching Band to support our football team against Bowling Green State University in the 2012 Military Bowl.

Even though I couldn't spend Christmas with my family, I was glad I went on the trip nonetheless as it was definitely an experience to remember and one that can never be replicated. 

Some photos I snapped with my phone!

Now It's hard to tell from these photos but at the time these were taken, it was pouring rain and a little more than just cold. Nevertheless it didn't stop me and it was actually really fun!


The White House.......and trees....(Our hotel was about four blocks from it!)


Department of the Treasury?




Washington Monument

Lincoln Memorial



Washington Monument from the Lincoln Memorial




Where he had a dream....




White House....from the back!

Lincoln Memorial...up close.



Capitol Building from afar

So in the middle of the day, we had a scheduled rehearsal. Now at this point it was TORRENTIALLY raining but we still had practice. Only we were all "decked" out in ponchos and no instruments. The turf was underwater, and quite frankly it was one of the most exciting rehearsals I've ever had. 

After dinner, (which I went to a Belgian Pub where I had the most delicious oysters ever), I went out again with another group of friends around close to midnight.


The Eisenhower Executive Office Building




World War II Memorial


Washington Monument....at night!
(Taken while at the World War II Monument)



This one was taken from the Lincoln Memorial



Honestly one of the best parts was seeing the Lincoln Memorial lit up at night. Everything was just so much more beautiful, and it was starting to snow a little too!


Oh and the game? We won. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment